Who am I?

Finding yourself...

This is a post I've been wanting to write from a long time now and with the new year, the time cannot be more perfect.
When we start growing up we tend to ask ourselves that question a lot and I have the firm opinion that we need to find ourselves before we take any other decision that can make our lives change.
I remember being in the last year of high school really excited because I chose a career that I loved and everything was going according to plan, or so I thought. As the year kept moving, I started struggling with my family, my grades and some of my friends that started being super unsupportive about my decision, so everything started turning around and I forgot about me and the things I enjoyed doing. I lost my essence trying to please everyone else in order to avoid a discussion. I was not comfortable in my own skin, I was feeling crappy and insecure about everything I did, I stayed at home, I didn't knew who I was any more.
Fast forward to me getting into the college I wanted. I was so insecure about myself that I would not be around anybody else, I was super shy and I wasn't enjoying any of my experience in my first semester of college. I ended that semester barely taking to anyone and my grades dropped. My next semester was more of the same except the fact that I started feeling more confident about what I was doing. Because I love my career and I'm actually good at the things I do.
One day I started thinking what I was doing with my life, I felt really bad and started walking around the city with no particular destination. I realised that I can live my life the way everybody wanted.
And I made maybe one of the biggest decisions in my life: Be myself.
Believe me when I say that in order to be myself I had to start speaking up, find my passions, stop talking to those friends that kept me from doing what I love. I had to stand up for my believing.
Hello: My name is Mayte, I love sarcasm, I love shopping, I don't have ton of pacience, I love reading, walking and writing, I love travelling, my favourite colour is blue, I watch sports, I love sushi and pizza and I love having this life and watching how it goes by. That's who I am.

Thanks for reading and never forget to be yourself!

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram