Day out...

Because sometimes we need some fresh air...

"I like going out, talking to new people and just have fun" I always repeat that before going out.
"What am I going to wear? Jeans? A skirt? This sweater? Or maybe this shirt? What if everyone is late and I have to wait by myself? What if no one likes me? If she takes her boyfriend I'm going to be a third wheel.  Do I have enough money? My bag doesn't match my outfit! Maybe I should get a rain check and stay at home."
After months of not going out, all of that started getting in my brain and I turned to be a really insecure person, when in fact I was the same person with the same clothes and everyone was more that OK with me and after getting so many rain checks, I just needed to go out. I know how is to not feel comfortable in your own skin but be aware that if you want to change that, you are the one that needs to take baby steps to change that.
Sometimes, when we are not feeling ourselves, it is easy to just say no and stay home, but the truth is that with those actions, you are not just hurting yourself, but you are hurting those people around you that really want to talk to you, and be with their friend that has been at home for so long that you'll be smaller than they thought.
If you are going through a bad time, please make an effort and instead of eating 3 bowls of ice cream, go out to see a movie with your best friend and do what ever you want as long as you are comfortable.
You'll be surprised about how much going out can change your humour, don't hide inside a box, and don't worry that much! Be free!
Thanks for reading and never forget to be yourself!

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram