New books...

The smell of new books...

As you all know I love reading and as a new years resolution, I'm trying to read the same or more books than last year.
So lets begin:
  • "Delirium": "Delirium is a dystopian young adult novel written by Lauren Oliver, published in January 2011 by HarperCollins (HarperTeen), about a young girl, Lena Haloway, who falls in love in a society where love is seen as a disease" Where to begin, when I first started reading the book everything was going great, but when you get to the middle suddenly the story goes really slow and I kind of lost interest, the thing that I hated is that when I got to the ending everything changed and things happened really fast and I don't think that the ending was appropriate for the subject of the book. I just didn't enjoyed it.
  • "If I stay": "If I Stay is a young adult novel by Gayle Forman published in 2009. The story follows 17-year-old Mia Hall as she deals with the aftermath of a catastrophic car accident involving her family. In a coma, Mia has an out-of-body experience, and watches as friends and family gather at the hospital where she is being treated. Mia watches as her memories flash before her eyes as she comes to realize that she must decide if she should wake up and lead a life far more difficult than she ever anticipated, or slip away and die. Her decision will determine her fate." This book is shorter than I though, I enjoyed the way it goes back and forward with her memories, it explains a lot of things but also makes you be closer with the character and although the ending was predictable, I really though that it was for the best. It's the kind of book that you'll love and it's perfect for coffee breaks. I truly recommend it.
All of this are my opinions, feel free to tell me if you don't agree.
I'm starting to read "Angel Time" by Anne Rice and I'm loving it, also I'm half way through "Where She went" and I'm hooked up. The next time I'll be writing about them and I hope another one. 

Thanks for reading and never forget to be yourself!

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram