Midnight Talks...

The first one...
Today on my way home from visiting one of my friends, the taxi driver told me something that was a relieve for me, "You are too young, you have more than enough time"
No one has ever told me that, everyone is always pushing me instead of helping me or making me feel proud. It hit me, I'm young, I'm 19 years old and I'm 3 semesters into my career, doing more than I need, putting myself through challenges, putting away plans "with my friends", making other people proud instead of me. Yes, I started doing things for me but It'll never be enough. I lost time trying to be as perfect as everyone would wanted me to be, I want to be proud of myself, I want to one day be that "dream woman" that every little girl wishes to be.
I have more than enough time, I don't have to figure my life out right this second, I have years to come, people to meet and most importantly things to accomplish...
That taxi driver made realised that I shouldn't be that stressed if things don't go as planned, we are too young for this.
P.S.: This doesn't mean that you can ditch all your life or that you fail everything. This means that we have enough time to do our stuff and figure how we want our lives to be and try different things if we don't like them or If it doesn't goes as planned...
Thanks for reading and go to bed is already midnight and sleeping properly is good for you! 

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram