Fear and not being good enough...

Warning: It might get more personal than ever.
This a subject that is close to my heart for many reasons, one them is the fact that I stopped doing a lot of things out of fear.
Sometimes we let fear get to us and freeze us and that is not how is suppose to be, we can't let fear stop us. I have lost a lot of opportunities out of fear. One of my biggest fear is not being good enough and being raced in a family where you can follow your dreams as long as you become the best at it, makes really hard everything else and there was a point in my life that I was petrified of visiting them because I wasn't at my best and I went for a career that first of all, there were not many women in there, second of all, it was out of the box for them and finally, me picking that meant that I wasn't going to be able to go and visit them as much as I used to. ( Most of my family members are doctors, so that explains a lot)
But one night when I was talking with my father and he told me that sometimes is not about the word or what they are going to say, as long as I'm happy with my decision everything will be ok and I believe him, so I manned up and talked with them and besides that time facing my fear of heights, I was between terrified and proud. That's when I understood that fear can control you or you can face it (Don't assume it'll disappear because it'll probably stay the same). If you decide that you are going to avoid it and just say no, you need to think if you want to live always like that or you can start speaking up!
And also is worth saying that maybe I don't have the best relationship with my family now but I'm really happy with the things I do, the ones I'll get to do and the decisions I'm making. I know that sometime soon I would need to have the same conversation with my parents because I may or may not be travelling next year and they can be too protective some times but I've learned that It's worth it every time as long as you are sure about it.
Your voice is a weapon and you need to learn how and when to use it. You just need to be brave...
"You can be amazing
Or you can start speaking up"
Our biggest enemy is the fear.
Thanks for reading!

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram