To Good Memories

Every toast needs a reason and I have a really good one for this one. I would love to propose a toast to the good memories we are leaving behind in that amazing place that once was our second home, the place that saw us grow, the place where more than 50 generations grew and learnt.
They say that as long as you have the memories you don't need the place or the person, well I disagree, I came back to that place because I wanted to refresh my memory, I wanted to see the place I grew again, I never expected it to be last time I was going to go through those doors.
I remember the first day I went through those doors, I was nervous, I was going to a new place, new people, I didn't knew how ready I was to make that change, I may not have found there long time friendships, but I indeed found people that helped me grow, people that saw me grow, I learned more than maths or science, I learnt about life. I found amazing people with amazing lessons to teach, I found knowledge behind those doors, and know those doors are getting closed, leaving behind more than 54 years of traditions and memories. 
It's hard to let go a place full of people that saw you grow and develop to be the person you are now, it's hard to let go the memories you made in that place, it's hard to let go... I'm just hoping that someday someone fills those walls again with amazing memories, people. 
I laugh, I cried, I grew, I learnt, I screamed, I ran, I made friends, I got my heart broken... I cannot let that place go that easily.
I raise my glass for you, my beloved high school. 
Mayte.
P.S. this post is a really emotional one for me, my high school is closing and there's nothing anyone can say know, I'm just hoping is for the best, I'm wishing good luck to all my teachers and all of the people that worked there, my heart was broken when I heard the news and I'm still in shock, there is something I never though it would happen, but I guess that nothing is forever, I hope that those memories stick to those walls but that it also leaves space for new ones, I met amazing people in that place. I know that high school can be rough for some people and although I had bad times there too, I have really good memories from that place and it's always sad to see how after many years that amazing place is closing. 

Mayte

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram