MT | The One With My Favourite Book

Have you ever experienced the pain of loosing something that's really precious for you? I have.
I went to a 24 hour trip to Morelia, as we were leaving I decided to take the book I was currently re-reading, my favourite book, "The Other Countess" by Eve Edwards, but in our way there I got motion sickness that made me feel like a 10 year old kid, as it doesn't happens that often I had nothing to do but sleep to calm my tummy down and don't throw up my minimal breakfast, when I woke up to the lovely sound of a scream of the movie my mum and I were watching, I decided it was time to start grabbing my things because we where close to our destination, in my mind I had a list: Bag, backpack, hoodie, headphones and phone, everything was with me, except my book that was hidden behind the screen, where I put it to not forget it. 
We got out the bus, we kept doing our thing, I was too tired to think about my things, I just wanted proper food, my bed and a movie, the day ended and my book was still god knows where and I hadn't realised. I woke up the same time as every day 7:00 am, got up, got dressed and as I was brushing my teeth a voice screamed in my head MY BOOK IS MISSING, there's no way I can pass that, my dad gave me that book, I love that book and it's on perfect conditions, how could I leave it on the bus?
The first idea that came into my mind was buying a new one, I started searching for it, but it was way pricier and it was not going to be the same feeling. my mum suggested me that I should ask in the front desk if they found the book I just had to tell her what bus we where on and how it was. I was sad at this moment thinking about the book and how it might not get as loved as it was for me.
We got there, the lady gave us out tickets when my mum said "Ask her! They might found it" that's what I did and 4 min later I was reunited with my favourite book again. I've lost a lot of things on buses, classrooms, hotels but nothing as sentimental as this, as I said, it was a gift from my dad and it was special even if I didn't enjoy it. 
What I learned was to keep my eye on the important things, it might be something important or sentimental, it doesn't matter I need to stop loosing things and then justify myself with silly excuses.
Good Night!
Mayte. 

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram