MT | The One Where I have a New Office

Last Monday was my last day of school, I had my last exam at 10:00 am, I was free for a long month and a half, I was going to have the freedom to do whatever I wanted, sleep as much as I wanted, I was going to be on Netflix 24/7. Life was going to be great.
Two days later my parents suggested a job with a family friend, I was thinking about it, I mean a job instead of those precious our of sleep, who could think of something better, but another part (not as sarcastic) told me, well, you've been spending more and you could use the extra money, plus, it doesn't hurt and let's be honest, you'll be bored before the month ends.
After a lot of consideration, I said yes and headed to my new boss's office, I really like him, he has been a life long family friend, he has known both my parents since before they were a thing, he is a chilled boss that teaches you a lot either about life or work and it's pretty considerate. He said yes before I even had time to say my idea, I was thrilled just with that when he told me where my office was going to be. I've had jobs before, I have a job now but never an office, I used to work with kids,  or with him in the same building as now but never with a proper big office, A BIG GIRL OFFICE, I was extremely excited.
I have a lot of space. a lot of light, fresh air, a super comfortable chair, wood furniture and most importantly a lovely big screen to write on, in my free periods I've been writing more than in my desk at home. Having this new place is refreshing, inspiring and somehow not as boring as I though, I now have my old, lovely job and this one. I have to be more organized, if that's possible, but as it's for my first day I'm more than happy with my new office and my new job.
Maybe I'm taking more in my hands, maybe this was not the best choice, maybe I'll break and quite before august, at this point of my almost adult years, I like it, I feel comfortable, happy and even though I'm tired, I think that this is my best decision yet, it's not about the money, it's about trying something new, plus this job is not taking away any of my freedom, my boss told me that if I ever wanted to have the afternoons free, he had no problems, of course it's not going to be a daily thing but maybe once every two weeks. I guess that everybody's idea of summer is different.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram