Jealuosy or Inspiration?


Having a small group of friends has it's perks, we all know about each other really easily, so when "Chef" told me that she was enjoying a time in Europe for the summer I got really excited because she was doing something she always dreamed of doing, but then someone asked me whether I was feeling jealous of her having that amazing opportunity.
The question was unnecessary, the answer tingled in my head from day one since I found out, no, I was not jealous, I was happy for her and to be honest, quite inspired by her.
We all have heard that phrase "I want to be like you when I grow up", we all have used it even now in our late teenage years, or young adult years, we see people that are doing great and we have two options, we either look up to them or we feel jealousy and bitterness over it.
It all depends on the point of our life that we are at, if we are feeling quite empty and bored in our lives, we are more prone to feel quite jealous of what others are doing, if we are in a good place, doing something we love, no matter how big is what others are doing, we are going to feel happy and even proud of them and what they are doing. 
"When I grow up, I want to be like "Chef"" and it's true, I look up to every single one of my friends and family members, because I've seen them fight and become someone by themselves.
I cannot be more proud of everything that she's doing, ever since that culinary contest in April she has been smashing everything and everyone around her, because she's capable of that and even more, she's a true example of what fighting for your dreams can do for you and your life, she's approaching her goal quite quickly and that almost terrifies me, soon she'll be leaving me to pursue a bigger, brighter future. 
She's inspires me to go out and do more, to give more and fight more, because that's the only way of doing it. 
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram