Approbation


So the other day I was talking with "Engineer" he was in a really weird mood, he was telling me how much he wants to do a lot of things but doesn't know how to get to them, he feels lost and alone, he feels like there's no one on his side telling him to keep going.
This story suddenly felt familiar, if you've been a reader of mine, you would know that I've been struggling with that for a long time now, I had a hard time when my family didn't accept any of my decisions and I was left on my own, luckily for me my whole situation turned around a year and a half ago, but nonetheless, those were hard times to be around me and through that I learned that as much as I have that support now, I don't feel like I need it that much because I came to the realisation that I can do me, without asking for permission. 
What I mean by this, we tend to look for approbation in people that don't necessarily deserve our attention, we focus on being "good enough" for people that are destroying our confidence by ignoring us, when what we need to do is focus on ourselves and what we are doing to get were we want to be.
It almost becomes a vicious circle, because you fight to be good enough, you ask them if you are really impressing them, they say no, then you fight again to be good enough, and you may think that through that fighting you might get somewhere, but no, you are trying to get close to a place where they would be happy, not you. 
Think it through, is it really worth to go through that pain to be good enough for someone else or to have their approbation? No, if you are going to go through that pain you are going to have to do it for yourself, because most of the people in your life are temporary, you are going to be the one having to stick to those decisions that you made over someone else. 
Plus, if you don't do something for yourself it's never going to work out properly, your heart it's not going to be at it, you are not going to be motivated enough and there'll come a moment were you are just going to feel trapped in those decisions and their approbation may not be what you are looking for anymore. 
So you have two options, you can either work to get where someone else wants or you can work towards your goal and do something for yourself because you want it, you have the power to decide. 
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram