WR| Discipline

When motivation fails, discipline will keep you going.

When you work hard on keeping your motivation up, it's hard to believe that another thing will be able to keep you going and moving towards your goal, but when you start to lack that tiny bit of motivation in your body and start putting your energy towards things that don't matter as much, you realise that discipline and knowing what to get done before the dead is going to be one thing that will keep you from failing and moving on.
This week was about that for me, you don't realise how much energy you put towards other aspects of your life until you start lacking in your main priorities, I didn't realise any of this until this week when my bank account was smaller than ever, my list of to-do's out of control and my mind was it's own mess trying to figure out what to do next.
It took a lot of self control for me to find a balance, I still haven't found it, but I'm working, I'm scared, I have a project, I have many papers and exams for school due in the next couple of weeks, I have a life and a family that I would like to spend time with, and for all of that I need balance, I cannot leave one thing and forget about the others.
Monday through Friday I worked on the different things I knew I had going on and let me tell you, I haven't feel that overwhelmed in a long time, but this is where the discipline comes in, once you realise that not only do you need to be more prepared and focused, but you also needs to engage with what you are doing and work through it, you may complain but that discipline will keep you sane.
I had quite the week, I went from working, to family reunions, to school, to cold, to being really sleepy but pushing forward to get to where I want, I didn't finish quite all my work, or my school work, but at least I bit a huge chunk of it, I really wanted to rest this weekend and be able to read and forget about it, but when you realise that your parents are going to be working too, you have the freedom to chose whether you want to work or not.
I know my priorities and where I want to go during the rest of the year, I want to end on a good note and work free, I would also love to start planing some good things for next year but we'll see on that one.
Have a great week, keep pushing, give yourself breaks and keep on dreaming.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram