Being in a "Funk"


Sometimes things happen and you can't do anything about it, you cannot change the world on your own, you cannot make people believe in other things, you can support them through pain, you can stand there, you can push forward, you can always keep trying.
Lately I haven't been feeling like myself, I've been in the loop or "funk" in which I doubt myself more than ever, I don't go out as much, I retrieve my feelings to not worry anyone and I haven't been handling life that well, it has been a hard couple of weeks.
Family issues affect me, but also some things that go under all of that, I've been having some issues with some of my friends and it's always hard to go through them, because if you've known them for a while, having a fight or a disagreement can affect you and your mood more than you think.
But I tried to keep myself busy during those times, I don't know if it was a way of blocking all the pain, or if I was really busy during those moments, but I didn't stop, I kept going and pushing everything that could've affected me out of the way, and then the break happened and it was like everything started to sink in, my life was a mess, some friendships were falling apart, my family was going through a bump, what the hell am I supposed to do?
A part of me wanted to give up, I've been through this way too many times, why keep fighting? it almost seems like it suppose to happen, like bad moments are here to stay, but there's always that little thing I hold on to, a pinch of light on those rainy days and I know that even when life it's bad, it can only get better from there.
I'm not a positive person most of the time, one because I think that's unreal, life happens and sometimes it brings sad times, two because I tend to overreact and make things bigger than they are, but even when I'm not being positive, I know there's something out there, happiness waiting for me, I just have to get there.
Being in a "funk" is not fun (That rhymed!), but most of the times is up to you to say how long you want to be in there for, you can try things by yourself or you can ask for help, the most important thing is that you feel comfortable with whatever you choose and go through it, at the beginning it may seem hard or not worthy, but hold on to it, it will get better.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram