Of the Bookshelf| Sincerely, Carter


Carter and Arizona have been friends since 5th grade, they grow as friends and only friends, none of them seemed to have feelings for the other, they became each other's most important person, they knew everything about each other and were not afraid of showing the world how good friends they were. Multiple relationships have been broken because of this, but none of them seemed to mind about, until one day Carter realises that little Arizona is no longer little and starts to get confused.
This book became one of my favourite ones, not my favourite because it has certain things that didn't impress me, but let's not get ahead of thing, we need to start with what I liked:
  • The plot, none of them showed signs of attraction until Carter's friends open his eyes, and it's refreshing, they handle the relationship as friends and purely that, and even when they found out, they don't rush into anything, they take it quite slow, but not as slow that you won't find it interesting. 
  • The humour, it contains dark humour, but it goes well with the story, at the end they are talking about 20 something characters, it made it more real.
  • The confusion and the feelings, you feel how they went from having a normal relationship, to getting confused with each other, to denying it, to recognising and getting together, it was a true joy to see they didn't rush into anything and you could experience how everything started to build up little by little. 
(If you are planning to read the book I recommend skipping this part, because it contains spoilers)
There are not many things I didn't like, just one actually: 
  • The love triangle near the end, for me even though it was necessary for the story to move on, it was painful, it was obvious that Arizona was looking for a bounce, and for me it made the book that little bit less attractive, I hate love triangules and fall outs, but I get it, they needed that time apart. 
(End of Spoilers)

Overall, it was a good book, I enjoyed it a lot, it made me laugh, it made me cringe with the character, but it was a joy to read, I read it from beginning to end in one day, it went seemingly, it's a likeable read that you won't regret.
Mayte. 

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram