Work-Confidence


I tend to ask a lot of people what they think of my work, I'm really insecure when it comes to presenting my work, I never think that I'm good enough or that what I do it's worth watching.
When I went in to my exam, I was in a mind set when I wouldn't mind if the teacher told me that I was terrible and I needed to go back to a basic level, when I came out being better than I though I surprised myself, to the point when I was in shock for a long time, what surprised me most is that when I talked with friends and family, they weren't really surprised, they were fine, they were like "Awesome, but I knew you were going to get that" and to be honest, that was not the reaction I expected, I didn't wanted a party but I though everyone was going to be shocked.
After that I came to the realization that I always do that, I feel uncomfortable with compliments about me or my work, I don't like taking credit for things and I don't been know where this comes from, and I really cannot even remember how many times I've avoided things like this, where people tell me that my work is amazing or something like that, most recently this has happened when I was re-doing the image of this space, I have no one to ask for suggestion so it was hard to make a decision.
I know that I'm not the only one having this kind of problems, I now that a lot of people out there are struggling thinking that they are not good enough, when in fact their job is awesome and a lot of people are really loving what they are putting out there, we like to think like musicians, we write a song but it's never ready, not even when it's out there and there are hundreds of people loving it.
I learned through the years that we are going to find a lot of people that is going to make us doubt and loose our confidence, but it our choice if we want to listen them or not, because we need to remember that there's a difference between being honest and critic with our job and being cruel and tearing apart someone's work.
That's the reason why it's important that we do something that we love, so we can do it and be comfortable with it and with what are we putting out there, the important thing here is: 1.- Give your best, be the best you can be, 2.- don't be afraid to learn from your mistakes and 3.- Don't be afraid and take credit if you did a good job.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram