Self- Confidence


I don't know how to even start to address this, last week I started re-reading and reading my beloved Y/A novels and I came across a regular problem in them, the main character (most of the times) has trust issues, then they find their perfect match that makes them feel beautiful and worthy, it's not always like that.
Through my life I discovered two things, there are people that are going to make fun of the way you look and there are people that are going to see the real you, I also learned that there's a huge difference between being honest and being cruel. Growing up the only thing I heard was about my weight, that I needed to loose some, that no one was going to look at me if I didn't look certain way, all of this continue all the way through middle school until high school, when I lost a ton of weight due to puberty, I was looking awesome, I loved my body, but even then I wasn't super skinny because my body type is not like that, I have a lot of curves and even if I lost a ton of weight, I'll still have them.
Through my first year of high school I gained weight, not a lot but it was there, I went through bad times when people started to point that, so I stopped eating, I received help from a friend, he did a lot for me at the time and I was fine for a while, until I started to hate the way I was looking, I had a healthy diet but as I was not doing much, I wasn't gaining weight but I was certainly not loosing it.
After that I struggled back and forward with my weight, I even started going to the gym, which helped me a lot not only to loose weight but to take anger out of me, when I left, I loved my body.
Fast forward to last week, I gained weight and I feel it, it's nothing crazy, my clothes still fit fine, I look the same for almost everyone but me, I don't feel comfortable with me, of course I'm doing something but in this things there are no short cuts that are safe, but this time I'm not doing it because I want someone to notice me or because someone is saying something mean about me, I'm doing it for me, for my health and to really feel comfortable in my own skin.
My point here is that, yes it is easy to fall for whatever other people say, yes it is easy to choose the short cuts, but there are other things out there, but you can either do it right and for yourself or you can compromise your health and your happiness. 
What I learned from all of this journey is that no matter what people say, no matter how they say it, if you are happy, comfortable and healthy in your own skin, the rest of the world can just shut up and if you really want to change something, do it for yourself and go to a professional. You only get one body.
Mayte.

Mayte

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram