Improving Frienships

Pinterest Image


Last week I was talking with a friend, he asked the reason behind my break, he asked if I had something, I said yes and gave him a full on explanation of my life, I took that question out of proportion as I was a little bit mad about him asking me things like that, I always though he knew what my life was life, but I guess not everyone needs to know.
That's when I discovered my mistake, I don't always tell people what's going on my life but I somehow what some support from them, as if they could read minds and tell me something that will cheer me up, I had to look back to see how many times this has happened as I was 100% sure that this wasn't the first time.
Turns out that I had this kid of problems for a long time now but I just let them slide and put them aside, but to be honest that wasn't my biggest concerned, my biggest though was, What kind of friend am I? If I look back I can see how many times I had to cancel plans over the most irrelevant things, of course there are weeks where I really can't control my schedule, like this one but, there are also weeks when I just want to stay in bed, that's not right, I want to be a good friend, so I've been thinking on some ways to improve that and really show how much I care about my beloved friends.
I'll start with something easy, ask how she/he is doing, sometimes we don't realise when someone's down or wants to talk and some advice about something, or sometimes we see but we care about us first, let her/him know how much you care, at the end of the day if you consider the your friends is because you care about them, remind them that you are there for whatever they need, or if they need to talk, let them know you are going to be there.
Talk more,  I sometimes (really frequently) leave converastions behind because I'm too tired and I just stop answering and then I forget and it takes up to three days to have an answer from me, give it a chance, try to talk more with that friend, ask about their day, their relationships, get involved.
Be yourself around them (and anybody), let them know you and what you care about, let them see your true self, they are your friends for a reason, pretending to be someone in front of someone you call your friend, is the worst thing you could ever do, show yourself and how you feel, those true, long relationships really know when you are faking something.
The language of friendship is not words but meanings.
Henry David Thoreau

Mayte 

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram