My Friends

Pinterest Image

A few months ago I made a decision, I was going to keep my friends outside the mess that my work life was, I didn't wanted to be involved in any problems or anything like that, I wanted that those that I call friends stayed out of those problems.
I remember being fifteen years old and talking to my mum about this huge group of friends that was around me, supporting me and how they wanted an opportunity and I had the ability to help them. She said that we were going to help them but I needed to understand how not everyone was my true friend and that some people was near me just for the things I was able to give them, at the time that ideas was crazy for me, I though that everyone was lovely and caring with me because of me, not because of the opportunities that I was able to give them. 
Time passed and it turned out that my mum was right and after crying and going away for over a moth to think thing through and heal, I came back, I can say that I was stronger but I was just being silly with myself, in my mind I knew I had to be careful, but in reality I was still that girl that trusted everyone, it took me years to learn the lesson, years where I lost true friends and fake friends, years where I understood what a real friend does for you and how a fake friend pushes you from behind, I'm still learning and figuring out how this work, I don't think I'll ever get it.
A long that way I learned how to know when someone is acting over interest and when someone is being real, I found some amazing friends that I know they are going to be there whenever I need them, I may not be the best friend for them but I really do know that I don't know where I would be with out them.
I want them out of that crazy part of my life for them, not really for me, there are a lot of things that can go wrong doing what I do, there are also a lot that's going on behind those closed doors, I know realise what I great decision it was, I know that I may not talk with them as much as I did before, I may not talk as much with them as I used to, but I do know one thing, I love them and the way they've supported me through those rough moments and how they help me grow.
One last thing, if I call you friend but I haven't answered your text, I'm sorry, I don't mean to be mean, it's just that I'm forgetful but I promise you one thing, I'll always be there when you need me.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram