My Future

When I think about my future I get scared, I'm about to turn 20 and I know where I want to get but I don't know how to get there, it has been a struggle to get here, I had to fight a lot to be here, how do I move on?
Pinterest Image


Major changes had always freaked me out, going from high school to college was not smooth, I don't know how to act when someone dies, I just don't seem to let things go, I get over attached with things, people, memories in general, I like a little routine and going into something new where I don't know how things are going to go, it's not easy.
I have different goals, some of them are crazy and almost impossible to accomplish, others are dreams that I had ever since I was a little kid, like buying my own place and making it my own or travelling internationally, I have them, I dream of them and I even make little plans but I really don't know how to get there.
I really don't even know what I want to do after college, I know how much I love my major and all the things that it involves but I never pictured me as an office type girl, I don't like being in between four walls counting the minutes to get out of there, I like being free, I love going out even when it's to do errands, I just like the feeling of fresh air.
All of this preoccupation became more and more evident when one of my teachers made me think on what I want to be doing in five years time, I wrote it without thinking it and when I read it, I knew that it was an idea but that idea needed a lot of work and even when everything was doing it was going to be an everyday work to keep it going, yet, it felt right. I really want to accomplish that more than anything right now.
I want to fight and create a charity, but I have this awesome plan that if it works, it's going to be amazing, but I don't know how to get there, that idea of not knowing has been hunting me for a week and it's not a pleasant feeling.
Thinking about the future is never easy, you can avoid but for how long, by this I'm not saying that we all should worry about everything and stop living our present but it never hurts to do something to help you lead to that you want to accomplish and it doesn't takes away a ton of time out of your present.
Mayte. 

Mayte

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram