Support From Friends

The other day I was talking with a friend, she asked me about my previous relationships, because she was struggling with one herself, it was something new and something she was sure she wanted to experience, she was looking for advice, but she was also scared about our judgement.
Pinterest Image

My friends and I tend to joke around about everything, we make fun of things but at the end it's always just a joke, we are really supportive of everyone. She was scared of what we were going to say when we found out, I always though everyone knew that we are always going to be there.
I won't go to much in depth of her reason, I'm just going to say that she is discovering what she likes, who she likes and she's being really open and confident about it, which I really admire.
Anyway, after that I realized that maybe we are all putting a lot of pressure between all of us, I mean all of our high school friends are in college, working during the summer, having fun, accomplishing things and really taking care of ourselves, I know that we tend to push people to do everything they want but I never thought of it as a responsibility, I mean it's always been like that.
Thinking about that, and here I'm just talking about my experience, it's not enough the pressure that we put in ourselves, we also have to deal with the pressure from outside, either out friends or family, I know that I've experienced that too a long time ago.
What I learned that if you are doing something for yourself, everything is going to fall into pace as long as you fight for it, we can't leave behind who we are or what we do for other opinions, we only get one life and we have to decided what we want to do with it.
My advice for her was to go out, get to know new things that don't risk her integrity but also to trust us, to not be afraid of what we might say, we are always going to be there to support her, give her advice, kill however tries to hurt her and make her laugh when she's sad. I also told her that not of us has the right to judge her as we are no saints, we all have done stuff that we regret or even when we don't regret it, we wished we did things differently.
That's always what friends are for, support and make fun of each other.
Mayte.

Mayte

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram