Getting Organized

A friend asked me when did I became such an organized person, I don't have a date, it was all gradually but I do have a story.
Pinterest Image

When I first got into middle school I had a pretty big locker and a lot of books to carry, I was a mess because I though that it was cool, I mean my cool, super popular friend was the same or worst as me and she had all of this amazing friends, one day I was in a hurry to get out and I just throw everything into my locker, which by the way had no lock because one day I forgot the key and they had to break it for me and I never got a new one, I was scared about my books and notes, I had one notebook and even then I knew that my notes where the worst in the entire school, I went with the prefect, he told me he had them because my locker was full and everything was on the floor when he got there, I said thanks, took my stuff and throw everything back in and didn't think off that until the next year, one of my friends there was the most organized person I've ever meet, at the time I had a crush with him, he got me interested in being more organized, his locker was a dream, everything was layed out by class and size, that's when it started.
That year my locker was as dreamy as him and I found that I was missing less time in the morning when I had to rush into class, the one problem is that my notes were a huge mess, I started focusing more on that and as time passed my organization extended and I was colour coordinating my closet, my backpack was super clean and everything was working out for me, when I left to go into high school I kinda left that part in there and focused more in my friends and being popular, which also affected my grades, but a part of me knew that I cared  a lot about the way everything was looking, I took a step back and started organizing everything again, as I didn't had a locker this time I focused more in things like my closet and my desk.
To this day I've become a perfectionist, I tend to clean and organize my things multiple times a week, but I also tend to leave a little bit of mess behind me at times. The experiences moulded me
What I learned is that being this organized has helped me a lot of times when it comes to having something done really quickly or even being in time everyday, of course this is a thing that involves a lot of personal preference as for some people I might seem a messy worker and for others I might be the most organized person. What I do know is that I enjoy it and I've found it therapiutic at times when I feel anxious, you don't have to do it because everyone around you is doing it, you have to do it because you want it.
Mayte.

Mayte

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram