The Last Leg


After the camp things started to go at a faster paste, the last leg of the course was starting and I thought everything was going to slow as the main event was over but haven't I taught you kids that things never go my way?
The work load slowed down a little bit, but I wouldn't say I had free time at all, I was trying to manage everything while trying to keep this blog alive and trying to figure out how my last semester was going to be, so you can only imagine what was going around in my head.
I failed at working on this blog and it was quite obvious but I managed to get all of my classes in with the teachers I wanted and had some spare time to talk with my tutor to have some guidance about what was on the lookout for me and graduation.
Then I got to work with 50+ army men that went to one of our events, I've never felt smaller or more intimidated in my life, but it's one of those things I can say I never imagined myself doing but truly enjoyed it. The kids and teachers were fascinated by them and it was something I will never forget and I think even my grandchildren are going to hear about it.
After that we had a few bumps along the way, not everyone was happy, I was so worried for some of them that I couldn't even sleep properly for a few days and had to go out to free my mind from everything that was going on and in one of those outings my wallet got stolen (I was okay for mad at myself and everyone).
Before it was over my proudest moment happened, on one of those days I got there earlier than most and given the inclement weather our kermess was about to be cancelled when my boss came with an idea that I helped to execute and got to be the leading voice for once. It was one of the most amazing feelings in the world, knowing that everything was done right even when we had everything against us and that I helped do that, made me feel like I was able to conquer everything I wanted.
And like that it was over, the last day was quite sentimental and this year unlike others I got to say goodbye to everyone, I didn't escape like I usually do and it felt nice, because something inside me tells me that I should come back for one last time before I become a full on functional adult of our society, but who knows what the year has prepared for us.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram