The Good


But March took a turn towards the end of the month when I received a rather hopeful phone call and decided to do something my teenage self would be proud by I now felt embarrassed of doing.
When you want a job you fight for it, you apply, you call, you make it your main priority to fight for it, but when it comes to seasonal jobs all you can do is hope that they loved what you did the year before and hopefully they'll call you back.
I wasn't going to let any of that happen so I started calling my old bosses and telling them that I was onboard, I wanted to participate on another summer course and I hoped they wanted me back, preferably on the same position as the year before.
One of them answered on the first call and told me that they were beyond happy to have me back, but the process wasn't going to as easy as that, I was going to have to get a call from my other boss, the one with the final word and until then I had to play the waiting game.
I called her once, then twice and a third one two weeks later right before my class, she didn't answer, my hopes were stepped on and mushed, I was gutted, I thought they might have chosen someone more prepared, someone with more personality or just someone that was way better than me, but boy was I wrong.
In the middle of a speaking exercise I received a call, I checked the number and it was her, my boss, so I excused myself and went on to speak to her. She told me they were a little behind on the planning but that I was taken in consideration and if I wanted to be back I was going to be well received.
I was so happy and cheery after that, I got this rush of happiness because not only did I had a job for the summer, but I had my dream job, the one that fulfilled me the most over the five years I've been part of this project, there were no word to express how grateful I was.
And then as I went to see some of my friends I saw someone I've been eyeing on my english class and out of nowhere decided to go and talk with him, something I would have never thought of doing, but the good news and the challenge one of my friends had set me got me excited and something inside me told me to just do it.
He was nice, it was an eventful day and all the sorrow I had from previous days was left behind under the amazing news I'd just been given.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram