Of the Bookshelf| Neanderthal seeks Human


Janie Morris is incapable of engaging on a real conversation without sharing any trivial data and it can be worse once she gets nervous, she's intelligent and hilarious at the same time without noticing it. She's happy until one day when her boyfriend breaks off with her and she loses her job and apartment, her only consolation? Having to see Sir McHotPants one more time before she leaves but her stalker tendencies don't seem to go unnoticed as he makes her a proposition she can't deny and can maybe change her whole life.
What I liked:

  • Janie is a power woman that knows everything and nothing about the world, her only sin is being quite naive at times but she's smart, witty and funny. She's one of those characters you can't help but love and engage with throughout the whole book. 
  • The mix between the two main characters was really refreshing to see, I got a little bit from both and as they were getting to know each other it got really interesting. 
  • The length of the book, it's not often that I say something like this, but even when there was a little part towards the end when I wanted to speed things up, the book didn't seem overly long, it was just right. 
  • I was able to relate to the characters, mostly the parts with Janie and Elizabeth, I feel like I have those conversations with "Chef" sometimes. 
What I didn't like:

  • There was this little part in the end of the book that made me mad, it was a way of making the book 30 pages longer, but for me it could have been without it.
  • I loved Janie but there were moments where the dialogue was taken way too far and it got to the point in which was annoying. 
This is the book that showed me a new series and I will always be grateful for this recommendation, it's a love story with a little twist that will make you fall in love, laugh and maybe fell a little bit annoyed but nonetheless I like it and for me it's a 4 out of 5.
Mayte.  

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram