Of the Bookshelf| The Beauty and the Moustache


No one can escape a mother's instinct, not even Ashley Winston, a knitter and book lover that escaped her home town a long time ago to make a name for herself and stop being the shadow of her 6 bearded brothers, but once she gets awful news from her mother and brothers she decides to come back, maybe for longer that she anticipates. 
What I liked:
  • The Winston Brothers are different but brothers at the end of the day and even when it seemed like they were walking on eggshells around her sister they still kept their characters and loud voices. 
  • Her mum and her instinct made the story a little bit predictable but added that sweet connection we all tend to have with our mothers and how even when they are sick they know more than we when it comes to the real world. 
  • Ashley was percitant, maybe not my favourite out of the knitting group but she has character, a sense of humour and I can certainly relate to living in a novel like she does. 
What I didn't like:
  • Drew was so mysterious that even when the book ended I was left hanging and confused as who he was and what was that he did to get Ashley. 
  • The fallout in the book was too long, too predictable,too much for me. It could have been done in a better way if maybe they could have involved Drew a little bit more. 
  • This is really small but a real complaint, unlike the other books I didn't find a real connection between the title and the story, I know there was something in there but it wasn't what I expected.
This isn't my favourite book of the series, it was slow and too long for what it had to give, but it gives a little bit of background on a silent but important character of the series, for me it's a 3 out of 5. 
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram