Of the Bookshelf| Ninja at First Sight


What do a cynical former Marine and a sheltered former Olympic contender have in common?
Nothing. Absolutely nothing. He has a girlfriend and she’s never been kissed. He’s sullenly sarcastic and she’s earnestly empathetic. He can’t stop thinking about her. She knows she should keep her distance.
Nevertheless, when opposites attract the results may be unexpected, but they’re also undeniably magnetic.
What I liked:
  • We get to meet Fiona before the knitting club and we see more of her character, before there were only witty comebacks, she has a past and he shares a part of it with her now husband, it's a great way to see why she became the way she is. 
  • Greg's sense of humor is similar to mine so when it came to understanding his jokes I was all for it and it actually made the book a lot more interesting. 
What I didn't like:
  • I feel like this book starts to show what you are put up for the next one and I didn't seem to understand the chemistry they had, for me it was long and at the end they had so much to take in that it seemed too long. 
  • Fiona's character was too quiet for my taste, she could have spoken up many times and at the end she settles for love and I get it but I wish she could have been given a lot more power.
I like that we get to see Fiona before the knitting club, it was one of my favourite parts but I just she could have had more voice and a lot more power into the book given the role she played. For me it's a 3.5 out of 5.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram