Of the Bookshelf| Friends Without Benefits


There's a lot to know about Elizabeth Finney, one: she's a workaholic that loves what she does, two: she tends to be really sarcastic, mostly when unnerved, three: she loves knitting and attends a knitting group once a week, four: she once found love in a man that left her alone and five: that man is her nemesis and might or might not be Nico Manganiello the known T.V. presenter that wants to become his friend without benefits.
What I liked:

  • We all have a little bit of Elizabeth in ourselves, she's a free spirit with fear of commitment and a heart so big she can't help but hide it from the world so it doesn't get much attention, plus the really sardonic sense of humour made it even more interesting.
  • Nico and Elizabeth's connection was so palpable and barely changed throughout the entire book, it makes you believe in true love once again as they have a past. 
  • The way you start to connect with knitting group and you start getting to know all of them made me even more excited for the books to come. 
  • (Spoiler) The part where it's Elizabeth's time to fight for Nico's love was amazing and it started to represent what the knitting series was about, it was a turning point for me.
What I didn't like:
  • The denial we got from Elizabeth to accept her feelings throughout the first half of the book tends to start getting annoying towards the end but then everything clicks and you move on to the good stuff. 
This became my favourite book from the series until I read the rest of them, although that doesn't take any merit away from this book. I found myself connecting with Elizabeth in more than one way and Nico is truly a keeper you can't help but fall in love with. If you have to choose just one book of the series I'll choose this one, it's really good. For me it's a 4 out 5.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram