Your Body is a Temple

Work as hard as you can, let your mind be free, all lessons I've learned in the past, but one that popped out quite recently was that no matter how busy you are, how much you nourish your mind, your body also needs to be taken care of.
Our bodies are perfect machines that work all day and night for all of our life, without a break, they recent when you are under a lot of stress, when you don't eat properly and when you don't stop, everything you do affects your body.
I learned this the hard way when I started getting sick every two weeks or so, it didn't matter the sickness, from stomach issues, to the flue, to hard pain, to even menstrual problems my body was trying to tell me something, something I was ignoring until I couldn't.
I don't know if you remember but over this year's summer break I went down with an ugly stomach issue, I couldn't eat, sit down, bend down, stand up or anything that meant putting a bit of extra pressure on my tummy, I woke up crying over the pain and had to rush to see my doctor, because this pain was unlike anything I had felt in my life.
Over the next months I started to take a bit more care of my body, mostly because there were many meals I couldn't eat and if I dared, I would be punished with a nasty pain in my tummy for at least two hours. My tummy was recovering and so did I.
We live under the misconception that taking care of our bodies is expensive or really hard, but is it? I've learned that in fact, it is quite easy if you find a little bit of time to listen to what your body has to say and do something about it.
Eat your greens, work out, relax, sleep 8 hours, drink water and your body is going to thank you.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram