Make your own luck

"Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat, the luckier you get."
Ray Kroc
Do you believe in luck? I used to, or at least I was taught to believe in luck, for many years I was told that if something went right, if something good ever happened to me, it was because I was born with a star, I was a lucky child.
Through the years I would blame everything bad that would happen to me to bad luck or the universe taking a turn on me, because there was no way I was going to accept that if something went wrong was because of me, because it was my fault, because I wasn't paying any attention to anything I was doing, I had to blame someone or something else.
I would go through rough patches, like the time I sat down and someone had left gum in the seat and I had gum all over my favourite jeans, or that time I lost my wallet and phone, or many times in which something would go wrong and I would look up to the sky and say "Why me? What have I done to you to make deserve something like this?"
Turns out the answer was right in front of my eyes, only I didn't want to see it, I was being either lazy or careless, every time something would happen it would be because of my lack of attention towards the world, in my mind everything was supposed to go alright, I was supposed to be the one with the luck.
In the past few months I've been trying to make a real effort and pay attention to all the things going around me, not leaving space for faith or luck, taking care of everything I can, listening to my gut and overall going with the flow, avoiding getting upset if something goes wrong. Remember that you make your own luck.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram