Parental Advice

"Now that I'm a parent, I understand why my father was in a bad mood a lot."
Adam Sandler
Here, I'm going to tell something I wish someone would have told me years back, something everyone should know and will discover eventually, most of the time your parents know more than you. 
If I hadn't said it enough, I grew to be a cranky, rebellious teenager, I gave my parents many headaches, from which I learned not only about limits, but I also learned that most of the time they tend to be right about what they say and that no matter how much you mess up, they are always going to be there for you. 
I can't even remember the amount of times my mother has turned out to be right about something, and although most of the time she doesn't tell me "I told you do" and rolls her eyes, I'm sure she thinks about it, because there's no way someone can go so long without even thinking about it. 
From "not everyone around you is your friend" to "you should work as hard as you can", my parents have taught me some of the most important lessons in my life, and even when I have had to push myself though a lot of mistakes, they have always been there for me, to either congratulate me or just be there for me, hug me and say "so, so".
I don't think I'll ever get to know as much as they do now, because they have done their best, they have given me everything that they could and I could never be more grateful for that, they have helped me in every crazy idea and even when we fight, I know they are always going to be there for me. 
The lesson? Listen to your parents when they give you unsolicited advice, they may be able to help you more than you think, and remember, most of the time, they know more than you. 
Mayte. 

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram