Don't Rush It

Youth is something I never wanna take for granted. I just want to smile and live life.
Tyler, The Creator
My dad always tells me to enjoy life stages as you only get to be this young, this stupid once, and for a few years I didn't understand what he meant by that, because if your parents tell you something, you just brush it off most of the times.
During high school I decided I was old enough to make my own decisions, I was a big girl and if I wanted to go out with my friends, get home late and drink my ass off I was going to do it, because I knew what the world was about and there was no way my parents knew more than me, I mean they were older and times change.
The other day I passed through one of the bars I used to go to when I was 17, it had a new concept, it wasn't the same three story building with a pool. It has a much more relaxed feeling now and even when I don't miss that part of my life, I got nostalgic, I had so many memories from that place.
When I talk with my friends I realise I missed so many moments with them out of being rebellious, or not paying attention to what was going on around me and those moments never come back, I could have waited, I could have enjoyed the time I had with my friends instead of going out with people that later turned their back at me.
I can't go back in time, I wish I could, but I cant, what I can do is learn from those mistakes, pay more attention to the moments and enjoy life and it's stages, because as much as you want to go faster and life live like older people, you'll regret what you didn't do at your time.
Enjoy life, live it freely and don't rush, nothing good comes out of it.
Mayte. 

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram