It Gets Better

“She was unstoppable. Not because she did not have failures or doubts, but because she continued on despite them.”
Beau Taplin
They say that you should never let your sickness define you, they say that it will get better eventually, that at some point you'll realise that everything you've done has been worthy and most importantly that you deserve everything good that happens in your life, but believing all of the things I've said is harder than what they realise.
It took me four years to come to where I am now, a long, long time, and I still can't say that I feel entirely comfortable in my own skin, but at least I can relate to the words they used to say to me when everything seemed so gray and miserable, they were right.
I can't lie, it wasn't an easy process, dealing with anxiety, personal failure, problems inside my household and trying to choose a career were problems that not only affected me on my day to day life, but they also disturb my sleeping and made me a recluse inside my own head.
When I decided that enough was enough and that maybe it was time to start saying yes more, no one told me how hard it was going to be, everyone told me that it was going to get better if I were to work on it and focus on what I who I wanted to become.
Now that I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel I can tell you that it's true what they say and now I understand why they never gave me any details, if I would have known what I was getting myself into I would have never done it, not even if I knew how much better it was going to be by the end of it.
The lesson here is to know that no matter what you are going through it will get better and that everything will make sense at some point. Remember to smile and keep on dreaming.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram