WR| A New Balance


We are halfway through the month and almost half way through the year and that scares the hell out of me, I want more time!
Anyway, this week was all about finding a new balance and doing new things, two of which I almost never do, I find it too hard to find a balance between school, my family and friends, and I tend to focus more on what I have to do instead of doing what I love to do, from the beginning I knew this was going to be an interesting week. 
I dedicated myself to work on Monday, I knew there were a few things that needed to be taken care of and I've been putting them off, I also took advantage of this and ran all my errands, I tend to forget how much things tend to pile up if I don't take care of them. 
Tuesday was a cleaning, organising and putting my things together, I don't know if you remember but I've been working on my closet for three weeks now, I decided that it was time for me to part with old items and don't have so much clutter, it worked, it took a long time, but at the end I'm happy, I even have spare space. 
Wednesday was an adventure day, I decided not only to cook but to do something I've never done, it was an amazing day, blue sky, big fluffy clouds, perfect for panoramic pictures of this city, so I ventured and without saying anything to anyone I decided to go to one of the sightseeing points of the city and I enjoyed it a lot. 
Thursday was a stay at home kind of day, I wanted to read, relax, do a bit of work, clean and just enjoy a lazy day, I actually received a call from "Stranger" saying how boring my stay at home day was, but he agreed with me when I told him that things like this almost never happen. I even made pancakes to celebrate, they were not the best, but I made them and that was an accomplishment. 
Friday was weird, I had plan a really relaxing, nothing major on my agenda for the day, but my mum changed everything at the end, I actually went to pick up a lovely gift from a brand I work with (with my mum) and they even knew what colour suited me more. Overall it was a running around day. 
Apart from that, I've been working out, I want to get into a good shape, I want to be happy with my body and this time I'm doing it for myself, no one is behind this, I'm not trying to impress anyone, I want to be happy with myself. 
I've been cooking, out of the week, I cooked breakfast 4 days out of 5, I could use some help and practice but it has been good. nothing burned, nothing under or overcooked, I'm actually looking into new recipes, but easy things, I'm taking baby steps on this one.
I've been connecting more with my friends lately, I think that this is my time to talk and listen, I want to know what their plans are, where are they now, when can I see them, a lot of things, this is the time were I remember why I love them so much, they all are unique and have that one thing that makes them stand out.
I'm in a good place right now, I really do think I'm finally finding a good balance, I would love to be more productive, to sit down and get a lot more done, but I decided that I won't stop, because if my July plans go through, I want to be prepared and have a backup plan for this space. 
Have a great day, week, rest of the month and keep on dreaming. 
P.S. the site is under construction, it will take me two more weeks to get were I want, but I would love it even more, my social media is also under construction because I want to use it more but for good reasons, you'll see it when it's done.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram