June: The Review

June was quite a slow month, not much happened, but what did happened made me realise many things.

From the beginning I knew this was going to be a relaxing month, I didn't had much planned and I actually prefered it that way, I really wanted to take a few days off and enjoy what was a really short summer break, it's not over yet, but you know what I mean.
For the first days of the month I dedicated myself to do bits and bobs that had been left behind, because of my lack of time or energy, all of my work commitments were done by the first week and half, so I had plenty of time to dedicate to myself.
I finally finished re-arranging my closet and my room, that project took me so long, but it was worthy, I'm happy, I still want to change a few things here and there, like my duvet or I want to put art above my bed, but I want to really think about it before making the purchase and regretting it.
I started collecting memories, I decided that as much as I love pictures and I keep them safe in the cloud, I want to keep little things from my trips, things that remind me about the trip and that make a part of my bulletin board prettier and more personal than just due dates and reminders.
I'm finally working on two new projects, well, I'm finally re-starting those two projects, I'm working and planning most of those, it has been no bed of roses, but I like it, I like how I'm allowing this incredibly creative part of me to be free, it's nice to do that sometimes.
I started working out regularly and by regularly I mean it, in two weeks, I've only taken a couple of days off and it feels nice, I'm starting to enjoy my red face again, although the thing I love the most is taking a shower after, it feels so nice. Now I just have to work on what I eat, I'm trying to find a good balance and put more nutrients in there, I'm also researching a lot about it.
I'm reconnecting with old friends and it feels nice to know I'm not the only one struggling with time management, I've been talking and just catching up with them really, it's nice to hear how well they have been or helping the ones that haven't been that well.  (I just send "Chef" a screenshot of one of Kanye's tweets that says "and I love you as much as Kanye loves Kanye", she doesn't love Kanye)
I was lazy and I don't regret it, I feel like I needed a couple days at home not doing anything, I listened to Christmas music, stayed way too long in SnapChat, read way to many books and ate like no other, I indeed went out some days just to stay sane but I liked this break.
Out of my four personal goals, I only missed one, I don't think I was as productive through the month as I can be, I slacked a lot, that leads me to the next goals, school wise, I can't lie, I didn't did anything, blog wise, I slacked a lot too, but most of the month was pre-planned anyway, so I didn't had much space to be really creative, I missed a couple of posts.
My favourite books of the month were "When" by Victoria Laurie, "The Nature of Cruelty" by L.H. Cosway and "Lost in You" by Heidi McLaughlin
My favourite series were "Pretty Little Liars", I've trying to watch the ending of season 6 for the longest time and I'm still catching up, but I still like it a lot.
I went to four new places, all of them had to do with one of the projects so I can't share them, but it was really fun to explore more of my city, I'm really looking to do it more.
Music wise, I've been liking Stevie Wonder lately, Bruce Springsteen, Michael Bublé, Oh Wonder, Coldplay, but my favourite song of the month has to be "Salvation" by Gabriel Aplin & HEYHEY, which was recommended by my cousin's girlfriend.
Organisation wise, my two agendas are still holding strong and I love them, minimising was the right thing to do, now I don't have to be juggling around with a bunch of notebooks, I can just take one and write everything down, without worrying my poor brain about were it is.
That was my June for all of you, it was not big, but it was interesting and relaxing, next month feels like it's going to be an interesting one but we will see. Remember to keep on dreaming.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram