The New Kid in Class

Do you remember how you felt in your first day in a new school? I just relived it.
Pinterest Image

Lets go back to the moment I was making my schedule for this semester, I wanted this schedule to be as perfect as it could and I almost got it, I only have one free hour, that leaves me with free afternoons and less rushing around, but there was this one class that I changed to another teacher last minute without anyone knowing, well, turns out that I forgot that if I changed the class I was going to be by myself. 
The first day was okay, I loved my teacher and the way she taught and talked to us, but my group had this weird vibe that made me feel anxious and left out, of course they all had friends in there, I went to that class every time feeling like crap, the idea of failing and re-taking it the next semester crossed my mind, that's how bad it was. 
Even my friends noticed that something was not okay as I was feeling down and I even had a panic attack coming out of that class, one of them even volunteered to take me to class everyday, bless him, I don't know what I did to deserve such a good friend, but that was something I needed to deal by myself, until a guy tried to hit on me.
That day I was extremely anxious, rushing out of class to have some fresh air when he started asking really personal questions and he wasn't backing off, that only made my class worst, after that everyone seem to notice me and I was getting dirty looks and really personal questions from everybody, I was really uncomfortable in that class that I started getting out 30 min before it ended.
But then there was this one day where the class was really quiet and it was suddenly like the first day, a group of people came to talk to me and they were surprisingly nice to me, after that day everything started to chill out and I started to enjoy that class, as what it is now, I'm still getting along with them, and with the boy, a friend helped me, without me telling him anything, he came to pick me up after class and gave the biggest hug like a way of telling every guy in the class to back off, I don't approve the method but it worked.
I learned three things from this experience, one, you need to make a little bit of effort in order to feel welcomed in a situation like this, two, it gets better at some point, you are not going to be the new kid forever and finally if someone is molesting you, ask for help, sometimes it can seem like you don't but trust me, you may needed and you'll feel better after that. 
You are not going to be the new kid forever and you might even make friends.
Mayte. 

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram