Autumn in the city

Pinterest Image

I've been living in the city for all my life, 20 long years, through those years I had the opportunity to meet amazing people that taught me something in a weird way. Yes, it's true the life in the city is faster, everyone seems to go in a rush, everything seem to move on quicker than usual, but that's one of the many things I enjoy about living in this, my city.
Autumn in the city is a very particular event, even though it's true that we don't live in the cleanest environment as we suffer from pollution, autumn is that time of the year when you get cold winds that take away all of that, we have the opportunity to enjoy deep blue skies mixed with the brown and orange colours from the trees.
Walking my way through my usual streets, trying to warm up my hands, while I enjoy the smell of freshly brewed coffee, this is the season of the year to slow down and enjoy the little things, the amazing sunrises at 7 a.m. in my way to school, the deep blue skies, the stars at night, the most amazing moons you'd ever seen.
Autumn is a transitional season where you can see what's worth keeping to end the year or how far you'd come this year, for me this is the time of the year to sit down and see everything from another perspective, this is my time to see if I accomplished anything I wanted to or if I need to work more in order to accomplish them.
This is also the season to enjoy more ourselves, we are so used to live in a rush that we forget about the little things that can make huge changes, like turning your cellphone off 30 minutes before going to bed and just unplugging from everything that may be worrying you, or even something small like walking those 4 streets instead of taking a car and enjoying the view.
Life is so much more beautiful once you start taking the time to enjoy it,
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram