20 Resolutions

Pinterest Image

I'm leaving the last part of my teenage years to become an adult, a responsible one, I'm full of dreams I want to accomplish, but I don't know how to get there. This has been hunting me around for months now, I know that for some people is a silly thing to worry about, but me being me and living in this house full of successful people, it can get a little bit overwhelming at times.
My therapist always tells me to do one thing at a time, I'm doing monthly, more specific goals but I also want to do year around ones, I want to choose the ones that are harder or take more time year goals, I want to have those as a reminder of where I want to get and how hard I need to work in order to get there.
The first things that popped in my mind where my languages, for those of you that don't know, English is not my first language, Spanish is, I want to get my English certification (1) and learn some French(2), I actually really enjoy learning something new and having the ability and opportunity to know this kind of things. On the same note, I know a little bit of graphic design(3), thanks dad for that, and I actually really enjoy doing it, but I need to practice it and do it more. Finally on the learning note I wan't to perfect my coding(4), I know how to do it but sometimes I found it to hard when in reality I'm just being a lazy bee.
I want to be more organized(5), for some people I seem to be a really organized girl when in reality I forget my homework from time to time, or I don't plan enough time, I want to be in time(6) for everything, I want to get everything done in time(7), I don't want to have to re-schedule just because I was lazy, I want to be productive(8), the day has 24 hours and there's a lot than can get done in those hours, I just need to learn how to manage them.
I want to support and help my friends more (9), some of my closest friends have been seeing this change in me, I'm getting more involved and trying to help them, I want to help my family(10), I want them to ask me for things without being scared of what I might say, I want to be more social(11), anxiety made me loose that cute and social personality that I used to have, I don't want to be scared of people. I want to learn how to speak in public(12), I get really scared when I have to talk in front of a crowd. I want to help people that don't know me(13), I want to do something selfless(14).
Something I've been avoiding is going to the dentist(15), but I need a treatment, I'm going to do it, healthy eating(16)is something I do from time to time but I never really stick to it, but I feel good when I do it. exercising more(17), it's better for my anxiety and for my health and I like running.

I want to learn how to take a compliment(18)without looking like a self absorbed woman, I want to be confident(19), I want to love myself(20).

It may sound silly, but I want to be the best version of myself that I can be, having goals is a good way to push myself and be better. Happy 20's, this is our time to find who the hell we are and do what we want.
Mayte.

Mayte

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram