19 Things About Being 19

This year came and went like a breeze, I was thinking about the other day and I don't even remember turning 19th which can only mean one of two things, I either didn't enjoy it or I have a pretty bad memory, but I do remember some lessons I learned through this year.

Pinterest Image


Be more patient, there are times when people don't react the same way I do and that completely fine, because at the end of the day we are not the same, on the same note, don't judge without knowing, we all have done this, we don't know how life is for some people and as I said, we all react different. Don't compare yourself, that's the quickiest way to kill happiness, you are not the same as others, your body is not the same and certainly your reactions are not going to be the same, that's why they say that every mind is a world and you can not think for others. Be unique and embrace it.
It's okay to cry and laugh, this was one of the biggest lessons, cry and laugh when you need to, don't let others tell you what you can do and when (it's also a song), anxiety is a metal illness and more people than you think are going through similar things, I know that when I first started to get panic attacks I was affrad of talking, but once you realise that there are more people out there going through similar things is stops being so scary.
Be honest, if you don't like something, speak up, let everyone know how you feel about it, don't let other decide for you, you have your own voice and the ability to decide whether you want something or not.
If you love something or someone, say it, remember there are no second changes and life is too short to not say how we feel, never be afraid of ashamed of what you feel, love unconditionally, love is something beautiful.
Do something that scares you, you'll either love it and loose the fear or continue to be scared but at least you tried, try new things, get out of your comfort zone, there are so much more out there that you haven't seen. Failing means you tried, what you also need to know is that getting up and trying again makes you even stronger and makes getting something even better, never settle for less than you deserve/dreamed/want, if you worked hard, why not enjoy the results, life is too short and hard to do something that you don't love, rather than being miserable and follow a routine, why don't enjoy it and work with a smile the rest.
Today 20 years ago, I was born in a little hospital, where my mum fought to keep us both alive, I never though my life was going to be like this, I sure that my parents, my family or even myself imagined this being really different, yet, I'm happy that it happened this way, I could not have learned or lived as much as I did, I would not have met my beautiful and really supportive friends.
Maybe life would have been easier if I followed what someone else choose for me, but what would I have learned from that?
Now more than ever I'm grateful of every single thing that happened, every person I had the luck to meet, every mistake I made and learned from it. I'm grateful of everything I have but that doesn't means I'm settling here, all of this marks the beginning of the next chapter.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram