MT | The Best Pre- Birthday

My friends: Group of people that knows more about me than anyone else, that support me on every crazy decision I take and that doesn't ask questions.
Thursday was officially my day to myself of the month, I wanted to have a day with my friends to just laugh and not care about the others. Two of my lovely girl friends planned a lunch in our favourite cafeteria near our old high school, we made a friendly bet where the last one to get there was going to have to buy the food, I really though I was going to be at least the second one to get there, but I lost time in class, it was one of my funniest classes of this semester and we were all laughing and having such a good time that I lost track of the time and left late, which led me to pay the food, but we didn't ordered straigh away, we took our time to start talking and wait until the line was shorter, when we finally got to the front of the line we realised that we had no idea what we wanted so after making the waiter laugh with us, we choose something and kept talking, what surprised me the most was that it was like high school but it felt so different, we are growing a lot and even though we choose different paths, we are still close friends, we can talk about everything and be comfortable around each other, it was really nice to laugh with them and really enjoy a time without cell phones or anyone stepping in.
As I was the one with the "free" afternoon, I took them, one to her job and my other friend to her school, but before that they convinced me to go see my best friend, it turns out that his school is really close to my friend's school, she left me with clear instructions on how to get there and a promise to call her if I got lost, I walked for about 15 min and I found it, it's a small school hidden between buildings, I called him but he was late due to traffic problems in the city.
I went in and went to the toilet as I had been sweating under the burning sun and I needed to refresh myself a little bit, I was a bright red colour when I went in, but when I got out of the cabin, I saw a guy washing his hands and I froze, I though that it was the lady's bathroom, he froze too and told me "Sorry, this is the guy's bathroom" and I said "Hmm! I think you are wrong" We went out and when he saw the lady in the sign he laugh and said "Sorry" the girls outside laughed a lot and I went in to refresh myself while I waited.
I just got to see my friend for about 20 min because he had to go to class and I had to get back home, but the fact that I got the time to see him was more than worthy, I can not tell you how much I miss him at times, he's like a brother that listens and defends me.
I know that for some people a day every two months sounds too far away, or not enough to see your friends but living my life and seeing where I'm headed, it's enough for me, a part of me knows that the fact that its not as often makes it even more special. It was a pre-birthday treat for me, I love everything about it and even when I was a sweaty, burnt mess I felt good, I was happy because everything about this day was really special to me. It was nice to see than even when we don't see each other really often, we are still close and we trust and relay on each other.
This are the times in my life where I value more and more my friends.
Mayte.

Mayte

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram