My First job...

Last week I was watching Casey Neistat's vlog and he talked about first jobs and how much they can change your perspective, I agree and although I didn't had an awful first job I did learned a lot from that.
Let's go back 3 years and 2 months, I was a terrible teenager, I was such a pain that my parents decided to punish me by taking money away from me and making me get a summer job, they told me about this summer program in our sports club and I signed in to be a teacher's assistant, I got in.
I didn't knew what to expect, I was the new kid, everyone seem to knew each other, I was with a friend but we were separated so basically I was by myself.
Everything was divided into ages, so they put me with the 8 year old kids, I was with two teachers. The program consisted in different activities every hour and visits to museums or theme parks every week, we also had some parties, I was awful the first week, I was on my phone a lot and I didn't really paid attention to anything.
The thing that made me chance was the way everyone was around me, they tried to help me, to make understand what everything was about, from week two I changed, I started to try.
I think everyone started to see a change in me, in the way I was working with them and with the kids, looking back I know that I could have done a better job and really leave all my problems at the door but I think that for a first try, it was fine. Sadly the program ended up after 4 week, I almost cried when it was time to say goodbye, from mothers, to teachers, to kids, I got so close to them that I didn't wanted any moment to go away.
I learned a lot, I found out that I love working with kids, my first job really changed the way I was treating everyone, I miss my first job...
thanks for reading!

Mayte

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram