Of the Bookshelf| All the Bright Places


By Jennifer Niven, it's a book about two people that are going through inside battles, both with past and secrets they can't keep up with, people know who they are but they don't know how much they are hiding and how big the battle inside of them is.
When I first started reading I was quite disappointed, the story started great but I found it somehow slow, as the story keeps moving you get to met both of the characters a bit better, it's obvious from the beginning that as much as they attract each other, they are not going to be together as long.
They both come from very different environments, Violet is a high school sweetheart and Finn is the guy everyone bullies but they secretly are scared of him, he's really impulsive but he also has good intentions when it comes to Violet and how much he wants to protect her. 
As I kept reading and I passed the middle mark, I started to feel more attracted to the book and the way it was developing, but there was still something that I didn't like, I'm still not 100% sure what that was, maybe it was the way they change from voice or the way they left things hanging for longer than they should, I don't know. 
Towards the end, I started to love the book, the story completely change and took a turn that I knew it was going to happen,but it was still somehow unexpected and I loved that, it gave the book bonus points.
Now, the ending, I liked the ending, I feel like the author did the best for the book and was true to herself, I didn't love it because, for me, it was a little bit too long, I don't know if I'm getting used to short endings, but nonetheless, it was a good ending. 
So, in summary, I loved the book, it made its way into my favourite books, I didn't love everything about it, but that's almost imposible, if you love a good Y/A novel and having a good cry, I would totally recommend it, it's an easy read for those days were you just want something to relax and enjoy, you are going to get hooked.
I give it 4.5 feathers.
Mayte

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram