Putting My Life Together

As soon as I came back from holiday I knew I needed to get my life back on it's feet, I even forgot what my routine was like, I didn't even knew where to start, the only thing I knew was that I was more than ready to do it.
Unpacking and doing my laundry is quite the worst part of travelling but something that needs to be done, if you find it difficult to unpack, my best/worst advice is to empty your bag in your bed, that way you'll have to do it at some point. Once you do this, you'll start to feel like you've done something.
Next, tackle the elephant on the room, change your sheets, make your bed, swipe the floor, take out your garbage. Do the big things that will make a change in not only the look of the room, but you'll feel better as you clean.
An additional thing I like to do in this stage is to clean my closet and I'm not talking about light cleaning, I'm talking about taking everything out, wiping the surface, deciding what stays, what goes and what's donated, I re-organise it and leave everything nice and clean.
Finally I like to tackle the mess that my desk can be, I spend maybe 8 hours a day in here, I study here, I do my homework here, I do half of my work here and sometimes I just put stuff on top of each other instead of putting it on its place, so even when I try to clean everyday sometimes it gets just too much and I get overwhelmed by the amount of paperwork or notebooks I have. This time instead of cleaning as I had it, I went and bought some things to improve my space.
The area that suffered more changes was definitely my desk, with the new year I was raving it, I was tired of the same things and to be honest they didn't worked for me as much as they did before.
Changing over the new year can seem like a cliche but I see it as an opportunity of a new beginning, an opportunity to change the things that don't work for you, take it as that and not as a cliche. Change because you want to and not because anyone is tell you to. It's easy to get lost in the words others have to say, but from my point of view, if you change for you then it's going to turn alright and you'll be happier, if you do it for someone else, well you'll spend the rest of your life trying to please others.
I'm still putting my life together, I'm not done yet, my room, my working area may seem done, but on the inside I know that I need to stick to a routine, sleep more, I've been eating better but I still have work to do, I need to stick and do what's on my list and I also want to gain back that time to relax that I used to have when I wasn't rushing around. It's always a work in progress.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram