"I'm Getting Older"

I'm getting old, because every time someone asks me to go to a party I say no, I want to sleep in, because instead of going to a pub with my friends, we go out to eat and chat, because I enjoy different things than I did before, because drinking is not always fun once you get wasted.
Those are some of the things I've heard my friends say in the past months, yes, all of them are just starting their twenties, most of them are in college, half of them are looking for a real, serious relationship or are already in one, the rest is like me, they are searching for adventure, savouring every moment that life gives and looking forward the future, and then there's a small group of my friends that are scared of not "making it".
When I think of how much my life has changed since high school I realise that having older people (2 year maximum) made me do things that a lot of people does later on their life, like drinking, I did it non stop for like two years and then stopped, or being rebellious, or learning from a broken heart, all of them taught me something, half of the time by making the mistakes.  
I've learnt many different things from older people but also from younger people, like you don't always have to take life so seriously, you can take a day or two off and the world won't stop spinning, you don't have to have a plan always, you can just wing it at times.
So, yeah, maybe I'm getting old, maybe I don't enjoy certaing things as much as I used to, I'm learning to enjoy the little moments, I'm learning to control my emotions and not let them drive my life, maybe I'm a little boring but I'm not scared.
Getting old is one of things that you can't stop because it's happening as you read this, you can't escape but you can enjoy it because getting old means living and enjoying, that why you see wrinkles under the eyes of people that laughed a lot, or you see them on the forehead because they frowned a lot.
Life is about enjoying the moment as we go because unfortunately we can't stop. it's as my dad says, there are times and ages for everything is up to you to run and don't take them in consideration or appreciate every moment and then remember everything that you did with a smile.
I might regret some things from my past but as I grow older and older I realise that all of this are making me who I am now and I can laugh at most of them, so instead of saying "I'm getting old" say I'm living my life as I go and I don't care about my age, because it's just a number.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram