Getting Organised

Getting organised has to be one of those new year resolutions that everyone makes but no one know where to start, for it's quite easy because I've been doing it for quite a while now. I first starting getting organised when I was about 13, I was in middle school when my locker was so dirty that it literally exploded, I thought I had lost all of my stuff, but luckily for me, one of my teachers had it, it was a wake up call and ever since then I've been fighting my way up to be more organised.
I'm a true believer that in other for this to work, you need to find a method that works for you, I can tell you how many different things have ever worked for me, but at the end it's always about hitting and missing to find what works for you and what's suitable for your lifestyle.
What I use to plan my month is Google Calendar, it allows you to have different calendars and access/edit them quite easily and eve from your phone, I like to do this to add dates or meetings as I schedule them.
What I use to plan my week is my "Bullet Journal", I use a Moleskine notebook to do this, it's a lovely method that allows you to have your To-Do's, your events, notes and even doodles on the same place, if you want to go in depth, click here. Anyway, I roughly plan everything at the start of the week, leaving space for changes, I plan my To-Do's the night before and write my notes as the day goes.
I also like to keep my working spaces quite clean and neat, I recently started to clean everything before going to bed, that way, I'll wake up to a clean space and can get started with my work, instead of running around trying to find everything. It's never a long process, it usually takes me up to 15 min to clean my desk and room every night.
Finally, something I wanted to add that's really important for me, I don't take work to my room, I'm quite lucky to have my working space outside my room, I don't like to take either my work or even my computer to bed because I feel like sometimes I can get quite sink in and forget that I have to get some sleep in order to keep going.
A few general tips to add are: Find a working place in your home where you know you can get stuff done and just use it for that purpose, If you feel like your ideas don't flow and you are stock, go outside, either to a coffee shop to do it or just to walk and breathe fresh air. Take breaks and don't forget to eat, sometimes those 30 min breaks are the ones our brain need to function better. If you are too tired or have a headache, drink water and take a power nap, half of the time you are feeling that way because you're dehydrated and you didn't get enough sleep at night. Try not to pull all nighters, try to get at least a few hours of sleep.
Remember that you need to find something that works for you, it' all a hit and miss process, you'll figure out what works for you quite easily and before you know it you'll be more organised.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram