Dear Mayte: A Year From Now

Hello, it's been a year, this is a cute experiment that I wanted to try, I'm writing this letter to myself, for myself to be read in one year from now, there are many things that can change in this 12 months, there are many things than can be forgotten and many things that you need to be reminded of.
Dear Mayte:
We've been here before, it's been a year, now you can read what I have to tell you, I hope that you are okay, I hope that you accomplish everything that you wanted, I really hope that your plans went through.
As you know there are just a few things that we have control of, the rest is up for the world and maybe destiny, I know that you can get quite overwhelmed when things don't go your way or you get stuck because of other people, calm, life only happens once and it's fun to sometimes go without a plan, it makes life even better and funnier.
One of the most important thing is that I hope that you opened your heart for love to get in, I know that you get scared anytime anyone gets closer, but you shouldn't be, as you say, getting hurt means that you loved and that's one of the most pure and amazing feelings that you can get to experience in a lifetime and if you didn't get to experienced it, at least I hope that you got close to that.
Organising and leading a perfect life is something you have been trying to slowly take out of your life or at least not be as crazy an organiser as you used to be, remember that not everything around you has to be perfect and that times were things were a mess or disorganised were fun times.
I have some things I want to remind you off, like you are not perfect and no one expects you to be it, don't try to be that girl again, we've been there and it was a painful experience. You are capable of so many things, you have so many ideas, so many plans that you sometimes get overwhelmed by everything, ask for help, sometimes people are there to help, sometimes it turns out to be something better once you get help, it's okay.
You have so much to give, don't let others tell you that you are not good enough, you are and you can do so many things, you only have to try and commit to it. Listen to constructive criticism, it can do you good, there are times where you turn in this controlative b**ch and listening can really help you to remember who you are and where do you come from.
Lastly, fight for your dreams, there are a lot of things that you have yet to accomplish and you can do it, you just need to focus and have the right companion which unless something really bad happened (touch wood) you already have it. Go for it and don't let anyone stop you, you are beautiful and unique, don't forget that.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram