Feeling Vulnerable


We are told that tears mean weakness, that we are not supposed to show our feelings to the world, that if we get too involved we are going to get hurt, but those are lies.
There are times where my life is not as perfect as everyone thinks, there are times were I fight with my parents or with the boy I was trying to go out or the fight is with one of my closest friends or I just received bad news, there are a lot of things that can put me down, those are the times were I'm not happy, were I just want to curl up into a little ball, listen to the same song on repeat and disappear from the world.
This week I haven't been completely myself, I've had many personal problems, mainly with my parents, I have decisions to make, I have to decide were I want to head with my mayor, I have to look up into internships, I have work to do and there are many projects I want to start. It's just that there are a lot of things in my mind that I want to accomplish and I feel like there's not enough time.
I haven't been following my own advice, when any of my friends are down or going through a rough time, I always tell them that it is okay to show your feelings, no one can judge for that, it's something we all have and you can't control it.
Laughing and crying both show emotions, the difference? we are not scared to laugh, we do it all the time with our friends, family or even with strangers, so why are we so afraid to cry? I'm not saying that we have to do it with strangers, but why is it wrong to cry?
For me it's a way of showing vulnerability, I feel exposed, I lock myself and don't let any emotions show, I even hide from my close friends, I don't like when someone sees me crying. This is not were I want to be, I once disappeared for month from my friends because I thought it was the right thing to do, when in reality I was hurting many others with my actions.
Now I know, showing emotions doesn't make you vulnerable, it makes you real.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram