The Best Memory


It was an unusual day, non like any other, I woke up after one of those nights were bad thoughts haunted me, it's time to get up, thinking of her always made my fears and problems fade away, I felt alive with her in my life.
The same old routine, send her a message, have breakfast, get ready and go to school to see her, nothing really changed, but something about this day seem different, I was going to see her in other place.
Mid-day, 12-o'clock, the same hour, the same path every day, my way to school just to see her, she had something special on her, something that kept me calm but drove me crazy at the same time.
Bus, subway, always the same, the journey seemed even longer this time, I just wanted to be with her, late, as always, she was already there, waiting, looking for me, as the doors opened and she saw me get out, a smile slipped through her lips, she hugged me and told me "Late, as always little man", she wanted to be mad.
We went the last part together, it was late but we wanted to take our time and walk, we talked, I love her smile, when the wind blew around us, the leaves in front of us flew making an image that I will never forget, those red leaves, that fall afternoon.
The end of the park was near, my thoughts took me to other place, I came back when I felt something holding me, a hand, her hand, she seem taller, standing on the edge of the street, she wanted to kiss me, I wanted her to kiss me and even though it was a chilly outside, inside I felt warm, we stood there for what it felt like an eternity.
Ivan.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram