12 Stories 'Till Christmas

Hello December!

About two months ago my best friend left me hanging on our date because and I quote "It was too early and he wasn't feeling right" that day I was pissed so I went to my favourite coffee shop to try and get some of my work done, I was trying to plan something amazing to bring you for December and Christmas, my first idea was 12 days 'till Christmas which is a well-known tradition in the internet world, but I wanted to do something different, I wanted to give stories that you could read before going to bed on a winter night.
At first I wanted to do all of them by myself, but when I first started trying to brainstorm ideas I realised how crazy it was going to be for me to write 12 different stories that brought you happiness or hope.
But as I was calming myself down on that coffee shop, I wrote on my computer "I love this city because everyone has a story to tell" and it hit me, everyone had a story that they wanted to share but didn't knew how or where, I talked with one of my friends and he was into it, he wanted to participate, the idea was amazing.
From that 19th of October I started to work on the concept and the planning of this amazing project, I knew how much work it meant but I was more than excited to do it, I wanted to share a little bit of my friends with you and this was the perfect chance to do that.
I'm so glad I did this because number one I learned a lot of the whole experience and not only in a professional way with all the planning that it needed but also with the stories that people told me, I never realised how much more it was going behind the life I saw they had, it changed my perspective of everything and number two I learned about my limits and the way I worked, I'm sad to say that for about two weeks I avoided the idea of having to work on this and I lost way too much time, but once I got into it again I discovered my working limits. It was an amazing experience.
I can make you a list of all the people that helped me get through this and not give up but the one that deserves the most recognition is my best friend, she was amazing through this whole experiment/experience/project, I can not thank enough her support and also everyone else that was into the idea and even the ones that said no at some point, everyone deserves at least a thank you.
Some people said no and I completely understood them, I was getting into a really personal part of their life, I could never get mad at them for not sharing their personal life on the internet when I asked them to, but that doesn't meant they didn't believe in the project or discouraged me at any moment, they  always showed their support too.
Every story has it's own life lesson and everyone is really different from each other and that's why I love the most about this, that shows how similar we can look from the outside but how different we really are and how different we handle ourselves on the inside. Not every one is from a different author but every single one was written based on an experience.
Every other day you'll get a different story until the 25th of December, hope you like this as much as me.
Mayte. 

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram