Haunted By Memories

The same routine, wake up, shower, get ready and head out, this is my life, the life I like to think I lead, when in reality others love to boss me around. Hello, it's not necessary that you know my name, no one really needs to need to know the real me.
For many years I've worked on this mask, the perfect girl, no one will really doubt about her, it's the kind of girl that every boy wants to get into their bed and every parent loves and wants to marry his children, from the exterior no one will ever question this girl, but she has secrets that go deeper than they seem.
Why I do this? Every time the same question, it seems like every person that gets close to me needs that answer, why you may ask, why not? It's always my answer, I like to think that before this I had a heart, a pure and lovable one, everything changed many years ago, but that's in the past, no one remembers him, no one knew him but me.
His hair, his smile, he was the boy every girl wanted to lose her virginity with, he was never like that, he didn't flirt around, he was too caring to do that, maybe that's the reason no one remembers him.
Maybe he saw something in me, maybe he knew something I didn't, maybe he knew about the masks before anyone else, no one is able to understand what this meant, what his words meant, he wasn't like any other, he saw deep into your eyes and through your soul, he knew who you were just by looking into your eyes.
He was nothing and everything, everyone noticed him but no one really knew him as much as he knew everyone of us, he always knew the rights words to say in every situation, he was never worried, he was free because he didn't owe anything to anyone.
I like to think that he changed me, the way I was, he saw potential and made me explode it with him, he never asked for anything and even when I left without giving explanations, he never stopped caring about me, he called this feeling love, I never said it like that, but I think he knew what my words meant.
After that night, I never thought that the kiss he gave me was going to be last, I never said goodbye, his memory haunts me, even in the most beautiful summer nights, I don't remember his voice but I kept the important things inside my heart, the lessons, the beautiful moments by his side.
No one needs to know about him, he's gone and his memory stayed in the hearts of the ones he touched, I want to make him proud, maybe that's why I do it, I don't care about people any more, the only one I ever cared about is gone.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram