What Works For Me

Everyone likes to give advice and tell you what worked for them and it's true that it can help a lot of people but sometimes you just have to wing it and figure out for yourself.
I've found that washing my hair every other day has make it stronger and even shinier, a lot of people might found that too often or not soon enough.
Doing most of my homework at school has shown me how lazy I can be when I'm at home and how fast I can be at some things like writing papers.
Going to bed at 10:40 and waking up at 6:20 has been quite nice and good for me, I've found that I get better sleep like this, instead of searching for my 8 hours of sleep.
Going phone free until I get out of my house has shown me how much time I used to loose on things that I don't needed to do before 8 am
Walking for 30 min before and after school has make me feel less stressed by the time I get to my destination as I tend to breathe and relax while I walk.
Eating less sugar has shown me how much of a sweet tooth I used to have and how much I used to spend on junk food.
Taking a shower and putting clean pyjamas always make me feel better after a rough day.
Taking a moment to appreciate what I have has shown me how lucky I am and how much I want to give back to every one.
Talking to my friends instead of hiding has shown me that I have their support on either bad or good moments.
All of this are things that I discovered make me feel better, but in order to discover them I had to try and fail, it's all about hitting and missing, if someone gave you a tip, give it a try, if it doesn't work, try giving it your own twist.
We all work on different patterns and as much as you want to follow what others did to get where you want to get, it might never work, you can try and fake it and maybe make it work or seem like it works but at the end of the day you'll be doing what others tell you to and living of others and that doesn't seem to be fun.
But also remember as much as you don't want to be changed, there are others thinking the same thing, it's okay to give advice and I also think is quite beneficial to share what has worked for you but don't try to change people, that never ends right.
People are different and different is good, being different means that you are unique, being unique and not following anyone has to be one of the best feelings I've ever had the opportunity to experience. Do your own thing, do what works for you, at the end, you only get one life and you choose what path to follow, yours or someone else's?
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram