Am I Pretty Enough?

Pinterest Image

I know that I have talked about this subject many times in the past but this time is different, I was having this chat with my best friend, she told me about the compliments that she had that day at work, she dressed differently and had a little tiny bit more make up and that annoyed me a little bit.
Don't get my wrong, it wasn't jealousy, she is gorgeous with or without any make up on her face, what annoyed me was that everyone was telling her to do whatever she did to her face more often even her boyfriend liked her with make up.
I don't wear make up personally because I hate taking it off and I'm a true believer that it makes me look older, I only wear mascara to make my eyes look more open and make the illusion that I'm wide awake, any way, back to reality, in my school they have seen me both ways, actually I've run into old crushes looking like a mess, a part of my brain worries and says that we are a mess, then there's another part that says, well we make it work.
Of course I've had people that tells me how bad I look and people that appreciate the fact that I show my real not-fixed self not caring about opinions, I get it, there are ways of making yourself shine even more and I'm not criticizing people that really enjoy putting make up on,  but it's all fake.
All of us are gorgeous and what I'm trying to say here is that if someone tells you that you looked better with more make up or different clothes that are not you or your style, back off from them, they care more of what's outside than the inside.
I know that everyone tells you the same but what is going to happen when you start spending more time together or even sharing a bed, there are going to be nights or evenings where you are going to be without make up or fully dressed, what are you going to do? what is he/she going to do? (This is a two way street, it applies for both)
Learn to love what's on the inside, see how beautiful that person is even in it's worst days, go with someone that see how gorgeous you are everyday even when you are a mess, that way you are going to know how real and worthy is.
Mayte.

Mayte B Marcial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram